Managers who oversee hybrid offices know the struggle of providing a standard workplace experience. Improving employee engagement, increasing productivity, and aligning employee schedules are some common challenges they continue to face.
In the post-pandemic world, hybrid work has become the new norm. So, it is necessary to maintain the standards of employee performance and satisfaction. This is why investing in workplace experience software is a priority for most companies.
What is a Workplace Experience Software?
A workplace experience software enables smooth interaction with all employee touchpoints in a company. It is a complete package of hybrid workplace management tools that enable employees to leverage flexibility, be more productive, and navigate the office with ease.
Today, many solutions exist in the market, falling under the workplace experience software category. They include tools that focus on one or more aspects of workplace experience. Some of these tools are listed below.
5 Essential Tools in a Workplace Experience Software
- Desk Booking System
A desk booking system is one of the top tools in workplace experience software. It also has several benefits for both employees and employers, such as:
- It provides flexibility to on-site workers. They can pre-book the desk of their choice.
- Teams can book desks in groups and communicate and collaborate easily.
- It allows facilities managers to enforce a flexible seating arrangement and save space and costs.
The desk booking feature in workplace experience software also has an interactive dashboard. This allows employees to see the real-time availability of all desks in the office and book their preferred desk.
Managers can also book desks on behalf of their teams. The booking schedule will be visible to all, and you can modify seating arrangements accordingly.
- Meeting Room Booking System
This feature in the workplace experience software allows users to book meeting rooms, conference rooms, amenities, etc. Besides, managers can fill in the date and time and book a suitable meeting space in just a few clicks.
While booking a meeting room, you can also input the number of people, type of meeting, and session duration. Then, the software will suggest only those spaces that match your requirements.
Having a room booking system in a workplace experience software saves space and optimizes room utilization. It also gives a comprehensive view of an office’s reserved spaces, attendance rates, and sanitation activities.
- Employee Scheduling System
An employee scheduling system is a must-have in workplace experience software for a hybrid workplace with complex shift patterns. This tool:
- Provides managers an easy way to create and modify timetables.
- Prevents scheduling conflicts and double-bookings.
- Allows employees to focus on their assigned tasks.
- Ensures maximum shift coverage.
- Allows managers to allocate tasks according to employee preference, availability, and skills.
- Tracks work hours or shift allocations to avoid overworking employees.
- Makes it easy to manage last-minute absences or ‘no-shows.’
- Tracks payroll expenses and budgets.
- Provides insights into scheduling effectiveness.
- Visitor Management System
A visitor management system allows companies to track, monitor, and record visitor information. With the growing need for health and safety protocols, it has become an indispensable part of the workplace experience software.
Here are some more benefits of a visitor management system:
- This software has an easy-to-use interface.
- It also integrates comfortably with your existing apps.
- You can integrate it with your video surveillance system to monitor the arrival and departure of guests and visitors in the office.
- Visitors can use the wayfinding feature of the visitor management system to locate their destination within the office.
- Visitors can also check in and check out through digital kiosks, which act as a ledger. It can also send automatic alerts to the employees whose guests have arrived.
- Space Management System
The pandemic has inflated real-estate prices and companies still need to follow social distancing protocols to ensure employee safety. So, you need workplace experience software with space management features.
A space management system allows facility managers to:
- Track occupancy levels
- Maintain social distancing
- Reduce space wastage
- Increase energy efficiency
Also, a space management feature in the workplace experience software allows FMs to move all their space occupancy data to a single platform. This allows for easy access and better cost management. A space management system also helps in getting accurate insights and usage reports. Then, facilities managers can use it to make informed decisions in the future.
Over to You
By implementing workplace experience software, you give your employees a way to make their work easier, more productive, and enjoyable.
If you wish to explore user-friendly workplace experience software and workplace management tools, check out WorkInSync.
WorkInSync workplace and employee experience software is designed to allow HR teams to improve experience management. Features include gathering real time feedback and easy collaboration.
The workplace and employee experience platform works both on web and mobile app. If you want to learn more about the key features offered, you can schedule a demo with the product experts today.
Read also : ibomma